PVC drip irrigation system is a type of drip irrigation system where perforated PVC pipes re used for the irrigation of plants.
The PVC drip irrigation system is a type of DIY irrigation system which can be designed and installed by anyone. You just need some simple tools, PVC pipes and fittings to make a PVC drip irrigation system.
This DIY drip irrigation system can be cheap for small holder farmers and gardeners. It can also be quickly made. It should however be noted that using this type of irrigation system for large farms can be more expensive than using the conventional drip irrigation system.
How to Make a PVC Drip Irrigation System
The following steps should be taken to make a PVC pipe drip irrigation system:
- Do a sketch of drawing of how the irrigation layout will look like.
- Measure the beds to know the length of PVC pipes to use.
- Ensure you have a good source of water, pump and power.
- Get PVC pipes, PVC connectors, PVC elbows, hoses and other fittings needed for the drip irrigation system.
- Ascertain the planting spacing and row spacing.
- Drill holes on the PVC pipes according to the planting spaces. A drilling machine with bits can be used to create holes on the PVC pipes.
- Lay the perforated PVC pipes at the side of the rows of plants.
- Connect the PVC pipes to the submains and the main lines
- Pump water into the irrigation system and ascertain that water drops from the holes on the PVC pipes.
Types of PVC Pipe Drip Irrigation System
The following are the types of PVC pipe drip irrigation system:
Hanging PVC Drip Irrigation System
In the hanging PVC drip irrigation system, the PVC pipes are hanged above the plants. Water emits from the holes of the hanging PVC pipes and drops to the root zone or base of the plants.
The hanging PVC drip irrigation system is the most difficult DIY PVC irrigation system to make.
Surface PVC Drip Irrigation System
The surface drip irrigation system uses PVC pipes laid on the soil surface to irrigate plants. This is one of the easiest DIY drip irrigation systems to make. This type of PVC drip irrigation system ensures that the water emitted from the PVC pipes goes directly to the roots of plants.
Buried PVC Drip Irrigation System
The buried PVC drip irrigation system uses buried PVC pipes to pass water to the root zones of plants. This is the most efficient type of PVC pipe drip irrigation system as the water emitted is not lost to evaporation.
The plants optimize the usage of water when this type of irrigation system is used.
Tools Needed to Make a PVC Drip Irrigation System
The following are the tolls needed to make a PVC drip irrigation system:
- Drilling Machine
- Drill Bits
- Wrench Tools etc.
Advantages of the PVC Drip Irrigation System
The following are the advantages of the PVC drip irrigation system:
- It can be a cheap drip irrigation system for small farms.
- It can enable farmers to effectively irrigate their crops in the absence of the conventional irrigation system.
- It can enable all year round farming.
- This type of DIY irrigation system can increase the revenue and profit of farmers because it allows them to grow crops all year round.
Do you want to make a PVC drip irrigation system and you are confused on the steps to take? If yes, why not contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.